Barcelona for disabled person
It is true that a disabled person can do less things than a person who has his full capacity but it doesn’t mean that a person with a wheelchair, for example, can’t well spent his vacation, no !!!
There are a lot of places where owners and the government have installed systems and equipments in order to make easier their life. Majority of the traffic lights of the city are equipped with a sound to indicate to blind people that they can cross the street.
Public transportation like bus and metro are equipped of a system to facilitate persons with a wheelchair to get in and in the city, they will have no problem to move because majority of the streets have adapted ramps.
If you want you can get a special map, which shows sidewalks with ramps, at Institut Municipal de Disminuits Fisics (avinguda diagonal 233, 1, phone 934132775 – open from monday to friday at 8h30-14h30) and you can also find other useful information.
Some restaurants and hotels have designed their place so as to provide you a great comfort like the handicapped bathroom or the elevator with the braille method. In Barcelona, in spite that there are few spaces and more cars than parking, there is a lot of parking reserved for them.
Of course if you come here for holidays, you are not going to rent a car but you may need to use a taxi. For that, you can’t just stay where you are and the first free taxi (with green light) you see, just call him by raising your hand because most of them are not equipped so you have to call the central and they will send you one for you (phone number 934208088). In case if you want to rent a car, you can check companies like Avis and Hertz.
At Cosmoscooter (mall numància, c/ numància 86 shop 12, phone 933211124), you can rent a small electric scooter or an electric power chair. The starting price is 87€ for 3 days minimum and if you want, they can deliver it anywhere you are in Barcelona for an additional cost of 30€.
Below some restaurants.
- El Cangrejo Loco, c/ moll de gregal 29, phone 932210533
- El Jardí de L´Àngel, portal de l´angel 17, phone 933185939
- Artkuisine, c/ madrazo 137, phone 932023146
- En Ville, c/ doctor dou 14, phone 933028467
- Botafumeiro, c/ gran de gracia 81, phone 932184230
- Santa, avda. meridiana 2, phone 933097078
- Broadbar, c/ aribau 191, phone 934144742
- La Reina del Raval, rambla raval 3, phone 934433655
Below some hotels.
- Hotel Urquinaona (1 star), ronda de sant pere 24, phone 932681336
- Hotel Antibes (2 stars), c/ diputació 394, phone 932326211
- Ayre Hotel (starting from 3 stars), they have different hotels so the best it is to check their website
- Abba Rambla Hotel (3 stars), c/ rambla del raval 4C, phone 902153163
- HCC hotels (starting from 3 stars), they have different hotels so the best it is to check their website
- AC Hotels (starting from 3 stars), they have different hotels so the best it is to check their website
- Acevi Hotels (4 stars), villarroel 106, phone 934520000
- High Tech hotels (starting from 4 stars), they have different hotels so the best it is to check their website
- Abba Sants Hotel (4 stars), c/ numancia 32, phone 902153163
- Hotel Duquesa de Cardona (4 stars), paseo colón 12, phone 932689090
- Hotel AB Skipper (5 stars), avinguda del litoral 10, phone 932216565
- Hotel W (5 stars), plaça de la rosa dels vents 1, phone 932952800
Looking for great offers/promotions, check those following websites:
The phone numbers are local ones so if you call from outside of Spain, don't forget to add the international code +34 for instance +34934208088.