Best hotels at Barcelona
Some time ago, I wrote a topic about some cheap hotels at Barcelona according to the feedback given by friends who came to visit me. Now in this one, I am going to tell about the best hotels in this city.
Unfortunately, so far until now, no friends want to spend a lot of money in accommodation so I don’t have any feedback on which I can refer but however I can tell you what I saw and what I heard.
Indeed, in spite that I live in this city, you may think that I don’t need to go to such places but you are wrong !!! The majority of the best terraces own to the 5 star hotels and by dressing well, I can enjoy a cocktail with a lovely and incredible view on the city and by having
friends who work in some hotels, help a little too. The minimum price for 1 night in those 5 star hotels is around 150€ and the price can rise up depending of the selected room category. Most of them have wifi, SPA, a swimming pool and a fitness area where you can enjoy your stay in a relaxing surrounding. Hotels like Arts, Rey Juan Carlos I... have even a garden where you can take a walk, have a little peace surrounding by nature…
- Gran Hotel La Florida, carretera vallvidrera tibidabo 83 - phone (+34)932593000. This hotel is not very close to the downtown (plaza catalunya). It is located up to Tibidabo mountain and you have to rent a car or use always a taxi. If it isn’t for the great view, I won’t put it in my list – indeed, the hotel has a terrace where you can enjoy a romantic dinner with an impressive view on Barcelona and also it has a SPA, swimming pool and fitness.
- Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I, avinguda diagonal 661 - phone (+34)933644040. Very close to the frontier of the city but at least closer to the downtown than Gran Hotel La Florida, this hotel has a fitness area and it owns the best swimming pool of Barcelona and the bigger garden of the city with its 25000m2 with terrace !!!
- Hotel Intercontinental Princesa Sofía Barcelona, plaza pius XII 4 - phone (+34)935081000. Located near to the mall L’Illa Diagonal, this hotel has a great wellness centre of 2000m2 with swimming pool and SPA. You can enjoy a great dinner in its lovely garden or in its terrace.
- Hotel Arts Barcelona, c/ marina 19 - phone (+34)932211000. Located at La Barceloneta district just behind the golden fish so near to the beach, this hotel has also a garden (1000m2) with terrace, swimming pool, jacuzzi and SPA.
- Hotel Casa Fuster, passeig gràcia 132 - phone (+34)932553000. Located at passeig de gracia street just a little above of diagonal street, this hotel has a lovely terrace with jacuzzi and swimming pool but the most particular it is its marble architecture – built by D. Lluis Doménech i Montaner between 1908-1911.
- Hotel Solmelia ME Barcelona, c/ pere IV 272 - phone (+34)933672050. Located at Poble Nou neighbourhood, the hotel has a modern architecture look and it owns a SPA, swimming pool, fitness and a terrace where you can easily spot the sea meanwhile enjoying a cocktail.
- Hotel AB Skipper, avinguda litoral 10 - phone (+34)932216565. Located near to the Hotel Arts Barcelona, this modern hotel not only offers you a SPA, swimming pool, fitness and terrace but also their 30 meters AB Skipper yacht – BSD 95D model.
- Hotel W, plaça de la rosa dels vents 1 - phone (+34)932952800. An impressive architecture shaped like a large mirrored sail located near to the shore of the Barceloneta beach where you will enjoy its fitness center, SPA, swimming pool and a terrace with impressive view on the mediterranean sea.
Very close to plaza catalunya, there are 5 hotels:
- Hotel Eurostars BCN Design, passeig gràcia 29 - phone (+34)933444555. Very fashion and full of surprising details, it has a nicely terrace with jacuzzi.
- Hotel Majestic Barcelona, passeig gràcia 68 - phone (+34)934881717. A classic one with beautiful decoration and it has a SPA and a terrace on the roof.
- Hotel Derby Claris, c/ pau claris 150 - phone (+34)934876262. A mix of old and modern architecture where you can enjoy its fitness, swimming pool and a nice terrace.
- Hotel Palace Barcelona, gran via corts catalanes 668 - phone (+34)935101130. A stylish hotel decorated in a splendid old fashion where you will be teleported to the past in 1900’s and a beautiful terrace on the roof to take a cocktail with a great view.
- Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel, moll barcelona 1 - phone (+34)936039000. There is better hotel than this one and cheaper but the best of this place is absolutely not its fitness but its open swimming pool where you can take a natural sun bath and a great view over the sea and cruise ships.
And to end, Hotel Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, passeig taulat 262 - phone (+34)935070707. A modern hotel located near to the forum area and the mall Diagonal Mar where you can enjoy its fitness, swimming pool and terrace.
Looking for great offers/promotions, check those following websites:
You still don’t know which one will suit you or maybe you want to spend a little less money but looking for a great quality of the 5 star hotels, I recommend you to read my next topic about 3/4 star hotels before to take your final decision.