5 interesting summer activities to indulge in London guest post written by Abhinav Jain
Warm and bright sunny days are back in London. And to enjoy a perfect day out, you can gear up to the best outdoor activities in the capital. From outdoor restaurants to riverside pubs and outdoor shopping, travellers in London can indulge in number of interesting summer activities in their free time. Open-air theatre, open-air movies, and outdoor festivals will make your summer vacations brighter too.
Here are few appealing summer activities where you can have an action packed outing in London’s great outdoors:
Enjoy dining al fresco in London with a variety of
restaurants providing suntrap outdoor terrace areas and gardens. Get some fresh air and sit out in sun to eat your favourite cuisines at these restaurants:
- The Amphitheatre Restaurant – Set within the Royal Opera House, this restaurant is an ideal site for pre-theatre dining with an outdoor terrace. Pop in here and enjoy eating delectable British menu while overlooking Covent Garden Piazza.
- Inn The Park – This is a lively bar and restaurant in the middle of St James’s Park offering a selection of British fare. It is a perfect venue for family dining and romantic evening meals.
With their great scenic locations, riverside pubs and bars in London offer pleasure to visit during summers.
Thames River pubs are excellent to relax, chat with your friends, and enjoy some chill beers and wines.
Here are few great riverside pubs in London with alfresco drinking opportunities:
- Trafalgar Tavern – Visitors staying at best hotel can pop in to this true gastro pub treasure alongside the Thames River in Greenwich. Enjoy a wide selection of beers, gastro pub fare, and a get a riverside view of the Thames. Those who want to stay close to this can select their central London hotel from londonhotels4u
- Founders Arms – On the Bankside near Southwark Station, you will find this fantastic pub overlooking the River Thames. From a small bottle of lager to a variety of cocktails and large glass of wine, you can try all at this venue.
- Bar & Co – Situated at Temple Pier, Bar & Co is a fun party boat offering spectacular views of the Oxo Tower, Big Ben, and the London Eye. Enjoy some drinks, dance to Latin music, and mingle around in this rocking boat.
Shopping in the Sun
From jewellery to flowers and handmade originals, you can shop anything at open-air London markets.
Farmers’ Markets including Pimlico Road and Whitecross Street offer locally grown produce to the visitors.
Culinary markets like Borough sell exclusive gastro products from all over Europe.
For blooming bright flowers, stroll down to Columbia Road’s flower market.
London hosts a variety of outdoor plays, comedies, drama, and opera each year. These alfresco acts will give a culture fix along with an electric atmosphere to spend a wonderful summer in the capital. Catch best English plays by Shakespeare at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. For free theatre events visit The Scoop. Regent’s Park open-air theatre is all time favourite to enjoy cultured days out in London summer.
With a number of exciting films lined up every year, you cannot miss open-air movie screenings in London. While enjoying free time in the capital, travel to Shoreditch Park, Somerset House, Syon Park, and other exciting venues. Watch great Hollywood flicks at these venues and enjoy the lovely warm weather outside.
Think about all these activities and have a fantastic holiday in London.
Author’s Bio: Abhinav Jain works as an associate editor with Londonhotels4u.com. Visitors can book an online accommodation at London hotels without any booking fee.