Modest hotels at Barcelona
Before to come to this page, you may already read my other 2 topics about hotels – one is about cheap hotels and the second is about best hotels at Barcelona. In this article, I will talk about hotels whose the quality can be as good as the 5 star ones and a starting price which is a little higher than the cheap ones.
Like I already told, there are a lot of hotels in this city and my goal is not to write about them but about hotels on which I got positive feedback from friends and from my “terrace” experience. By terrace experience, I mean my night life to enjoy a cocktail on the terrace of the hotel where I am able to estimate the quality from my own eyes and my own ears according to customer discussion.
Depending on what are you looking for and your budget, I am sure that you will find something which will correspond to your need and I only hope that I will be able to help you to choose the good one.
Below it is a little description list of those hotels and all of them are 4 or 3 star hotels. Generally, the starting price is 50€ for a 3 stars and 80€ for a 4 stars – of course, the price is per person and for 1 night. All of them are located around plaza catalunya (downtown) - majority of them offer free wifi and some additional services like SPA, swimming pool...
- Actual hotel (3 stars), c/ rosselló 238 – phone (+34)935520550. A simple hotel without special services except a library room but with a fashion and modern decoration.
- Avenida Palace hotel (4 stars), gran via corts catalanes 605-607 – phone (+34)933019600. A decoration of the 15th century and a SPA service but the best is its price, if you book your room in advance, the starting price is 45€ per night !!!
- Barceló Raval hotel (4 stars), rambla raval 17-21 – phone (+34)933201490. One of the best 4 star hotels with a modern architecture and they have swimming pool, fitness and the best terrace to view the city from the sky.
- Casa Camper hotel (4 stars), c/ elisabets 11, bxs – phone (+34)933426280. The hotel of the Camper brand so you can guess the decoration, they have a simple terrace where you can view the MACBA and all their accommodations offer 2 rooms – one for sleep and one for relax.
- Chic & Basic Born hotel (3 stars), c/ princesa 50 – phone (+34)932954652. It is a very different hotel combining fashion and modern decoration and very nice. On their website, they offer you the possibility to rent a flat – it is a good option for big family.
- Diagonal Barcelona hotel (4 stars), avinguda diagonal, 205 – phone (+34)934895300. A fashion decoration where you will enjoy an external swimming pool with view to the Agbar tower.
- Duquesa de Cardona hotel (4 stars), passeig colom 12 – phone (+34)932689090. A nicely decoration and a terrace with view on the port and a swimming pool.
- Neri hotel (4 stars), c/ sant sever 5 – phone (+34)933040655. An architecture of the 18th century with terrace and library spaces but they have also ecobikes and segways for your disposal.
- Pulitzer hotel (4 stars), c/ bergara 8 – phone (+34)934816767. A modern decoration and they have fitness service and a cosy terrace.
And I will finish this topic with the Omm hotel (4 stars), c/ rosselló 265 – phone (+34)934454000. I go often there to enjoy a nicely cocktail in a lounge mood and the decoration is very modern – they offer swimming pool, SPA and a lovely terrace.
Just one advice, if you are going to book a hotel located at El Raval or El Barri Gotic district, please be careful because of the many pickpockets around this area.