Romantic Theme Barcelona
Waking up earlier than your couple, you can call the reception of your hotel to bring you the breakfast to your room letting them know that it is for a special event or you can go to, assuming that your accommodation is near “plaza catalunya”:
To buy a croissant, a portion of strawberry cake, fresh orange juice... and go to “c/ valencia 328-332” to buy a
beautiful tulip, the flower market is opened 24h, to go there:
- From the pastry, go up the rambla de catalunya street until you cross the valencia street, turn right and keep straight during about 10 minutes
- From the bakery, go down the rambla de catalunya street until you cross the valencia street, turn left and keep straight during about 10 minutes
Your couple will wake up with a lovely smile and sparkling eyes for this wonderful surprise. It is really a great way to start a romantic day with your love, don’t you think so ??? But if you are sharing a room with other travelers, it is really not at all a great idea so the best it is to order 24h before a romantic breakfast basket:
- Matias Buenos Dias (+34 932058360 - firstname.lastname@example.org) offers a Valentine basket for 55 euros or Love basket for 50 euros
- Bon Día Desayunos a Domicilio (+34 654935608 - email@example.com) offers a Romantic basket for 55 euros
Ask them to deliver it to one of the following parks, just fix the meeting point at the entrance:
- Gardens of Pedralbes Palace, avinguda diagonal 686 (metro L3 palau reial - bus L7 palau de pedralbes). A nice place with flowers and statues where you can discover some Gaudi´s arts.
- Gardens of Tamarita, passeig sant gervasi 47-49 (FGC L7 tibidabo - bus L75 st gervasi). A charming place where the quietness is at your favor.
- Park of Mirador del Poble-sec, passeig montjuïc 28 (bus 121 vila i vilà). From its height, you have a great view on the harbor of the city.
Of course, to not break the magic, find an excuse like “hey honey, you are already woke up, what do you think if we go to visit a beautiful park ?” and if he/she says no, may be saying “I have a surprise waiting for you”, I´m quite sure that she/he won´t resist.
After the breakfast, take the time to discover the park, each one hide a lot of beautiful secrets for a romantic morning walk and places where you can be alone in spite that in the morning, normally there are not a lot of people.
Time to end the morning by leading her/him to a nicely and stylish restaurant for lunch. To be sure to have a table, make a reservation 24h before:
- Market, c/ compte borrell 68 (+34 932890130). The place is simple but well decorated in white and black, very spacious and high ceiling, the food is traditional and the menu is around 10€/person.
- Tenorio, passeig de gracia 37 (+34) 932720592). A place with a predominating color of purple which serves mediterranean food for a menu around 15€/person.
- Les Quinze Nits, plaza reial 6 (+34) 933173075). Simple but well decorated in white and red where you can taste mediterranean food for a menu around 10€/person.
To start the afternoon, take him/her to Montjuïc, there are a lot of lovely places to discover where you can enjoy great views and romantic promenades like:
- Laribal gardens, passeig santa madrona 2. A beautiful garden where plants, water and architecture are in perfect harmony.
- Mirador del Migdia, between foc and passeig del migdia. For its spectacular view on the sea.
- Poble Espanyol, avinguda de francesc ferrer i guàrdia 13. A small representation of the spanish village where you can savor a taste of flamenco for 8,90€/person the entrance.
- Joan Miró Foundation Museum, avinguda miramar 1. Even if you don’t like the artist, the museum is very beautiful and magic (8,50€/person the entrance).
- Montjuïc castle, carretera montjuïc 62-68. Dating from 1640, just imagine what can it be a romantic life within those walls ???
Before to go back at your hotel to change your cloth and put the most beautiful dress for a lovely dinner, take a time to relax your body and your mind in one of the exquisite places to end the afternoon (required to reserve your date):
- Rituels d'Orient, c/ loreto 50 (+34 934191472 - firstname.lastname@example.org). A hammam more specialized in body treatment with a starting price from 20 euros.
- Aire de Barcelona, paseo picasso 22 (+34 902555789 - email@example.com). A hammam more specialized in thermal bath with a starting price from 25 euros.
- Silom SPA, c/ valencia 304 (+34 932726662 - firstname.lastname@example.org). A SPA with a thai decoration and a starting price from 35 euros.
Feeling as “renew”, your partner may wonder “what’s next now” because the night has just opened its door, so far, the day was perfect, so let’s make the night too. To dine, select one of the following places, as always, to make sure that you have a table, give a call 24h for reservation:
- Sikkim, plaza comercial 1 (+34 932684313). Every thursday, the floor is decorated with rose petals and every sunday, the place is only illuminated by candles (average price between 50 and 70 euros for both).
- Torre d'Alta Mar, passeig joan de borbó 88 (+34 932210007). How will you feel enjoying a mediterranean dinner time on the top of the tower with 360º views on the city and sea (average price between 80 and 100 euros for both).
- Indochine, c/ muntaner 82 (+34 934511796). A marvelous place decorated with a real small waterfall, pools and plant to enjoy a great thai dinner (average price between 80 and 100 euros for both).
After the dinner, your couple may have his/her mind with angels and may think that this magic night is ending but not yet because you still have a last surprise, a place with great view meanwhile enjoying a nicely cocktail with your love.
- Eclipse, plaça de la rosa dels vents 1. Located on the 26th floor of the hotel W, lie down on the sofa meanwhile enjoying a cocktail with great view on the coastal.
- Mirablau, plaza del doctor andreu. Up to the tibidabo street, it is another place to have a great view not on the sea but on the city.
- Barceló terrace, rambla raval 17-21. Located on the roof of the hotel with 360 degrees view on the city and the pleasure to watch the stars.
2h AM is the time of your last cocktail and even if you want to stay more, you won’t be able because bars have to close (except weekend until 3h AM) so it is the moment to go back to your hotel, by taking a taxi (just raise your hand when you see a taxi with green light on the street) or by walking to enjoy a little more this magic night.
I had some difficulties to select the places because there are so many that I love but I do believe that they are the correct ones for this particular and personal moment. If really you want to keep going on until the morning, you will have to go to a club so I recommend you to read Nightlife Theme Barcelona.
See Romantic Theme Barcelona map in full screen